It's 10:19PM and the daylight is just starting to fade, while my thinking capabilities went to mush hours ago, melted by the sun. The sun! The beautiful shining sun! With this in mind, here are a few choice quotes, observations and facts from our travel thus far:
- Miles completed, 18 miles (29 km)
- Wall sighted, no yet
- Number of farmer's fields we trapsed through, too many too count
- Cows that starred us down, 1
- Sheeps we wanted to hug, so many
- And the people we've met, the friendliest
- "Today is the hottest day June day on record in England!" (reference 32C and 89F)
- PUB MAN: where are you from?
- TORI: The States
- TARA: Canada
- PUB MAN: Well, it's all the same to me. I know it's probably not the same to you. (Awkward pause) Are they friendly where you are from? I was down in London and asked a man on the bus, "You okay? and he looked at me liked i was crazy! We're friendly around here. They are so unfriendly in London."
OBSERVATIONS/QUESTIONS THAT POPPED UP WHILE WALKING:
- Who does all the livestock belong too? The cows and sheep seem to roam freely without a farmhouse in sight.
- Why do some people walk slowly?
- Why is the National Trail sign an upside down acorn?
- Where are we?
- Looking at the photo of us on the right, if you squint, you can see Scotland in the distance